General Family Update

It has been almost 7 months since I last posted an update. WOW! I can't believe it has been that long...which translates into quite a lengthy update. I will consolidate by giving the main highlights. If you want more details (and many of you just may), you know where to find me! :-)

LOCATION
We officially moved to Jacksonville, FL on March 26th, 2011. By we, I mean Levi, my mother and father, and me. We stayed in a furnished, corporate apartment for 3 months while I built a new home for us all to move into. We then moved into the new house on July 1st, 2011.

LEVI
Levi started pre-school and soccer last week. He is enjoying school but still looking for some new friends. We don't have any neighbors around our house, so he has only had a short amount of time to get to know anyone his age. I'll keep everyone posted but the only name he knows from school besides his teacher is a little girl named, Katy. Go figure! That kid is already going to be a ladies man...

KEVIN
For those who are on Facebook, some of my update will already be familiar to you. the rest, here you go! For reasons too numerous to list here, I began the process of dating through Match.com about 6 months after Stephanie passed. Shortly after that step, I met a beautiful lady named Jessica. We are now well on our way in the dating process and are starting to get serious about our relationship.

I understand that there will be several folks reading this that will find those words hard to swallow. Trust me, I understand the emotional response there. I do want to say however, that my decisions are being made thoughtfully and prayerfully at every step. I know very well what I want in life for myself and for Levi. If I were to sum up my thoughts on this subject, I would have to put it this way: I know that God's hand is guiding me and he has placed Jessica in my life with a purpose that is very clear to me. (This is where I know that many will see me as Noah's long lost companion.)

I could write or talk about this situation for hours or even days straight and still not share everything I have thought about, considered, discussed with various people I respect, prayed for, hoped for, dreamed of, or even cried about. I come back to a couple questions only. First, what would Stephanie want for Levi and me? Second, what does God want for me? I believe beyond words that I know the answers to these questions. In my mind, I respectfully say, nothing else is of significant concern. What that means is that the relationship will progress quickly, if I have anything to say about it. How quickly you ask? Well, you will just have to stay tuned to find out. :-)

Peace and Love to All!

Comments