Final Update on Stephanie

The day I feared the most in my life has come. My soul mate, my lover, my life partner, my flesh, my best friend, my better half and my blessing took her last breathe of air at 3am yesterday morning. I was lying beside her and she was at peace. No more pain, no more worry and no more sadness. It is a strange feeling to be so happy for her victory yet feel the pain of loss that has torn me from my mind, through my heart and into the depth of my soul.

Stephanie, I love you so much. I know I told you that all the time but I wanted to tell you once more in public. You are the most amazing lady I have ever seen and your thoughts and actions were the same in front of friends, strangers, and at home in our private moments. You were my inspiration and will continue to be for as long as we are apart. I can't wait to see you again my love.

Father God and Lord of my life, I cannot begin to express the thankfulness I have towards you for giving me such a wonderful gift. It is sometimes hard to fathom the gift of grace, but I can honestly say I have a full and complete understanding of the gift you gave me in Stephanie. The 23 years we had experiencing life has brought me so much joy, brought me closer to you than I could ever have thought possible and has left me with a son that I adore with every ounce of energy in me. I praise your name!!!


All readers, I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and compassion. Through our walk in the valley, our cry has always been that we are able to show people who have followed our journey how the love of Christ can make things easier to deal with, knowing that someone loves us more than we can comprehend. I may feel the pain of losing a best friend and love but I am not alone. Even when I lay in bed at night with no one to share my covers with and kiss goodnight before I close my eyes, I take comfort in knowing that I have a God that loves me, grieves with me, and most importantly, waits for me. It is my chance each night to be still and know the He is God.

Comments

Karen said…
I am so sorry for this pain that you feel now. I met Steph the night before her Dads heart surgery. She came into her parents house with this determination to make her Daddy do what it took to live this life. Sadly, he died. I watched as you comforted her. I had never seen anything sweeter. It truly touched my heart. Now knowing that she is no longer on this earth with you and Levi makes me cry. Keep writing on here and cry out to God when you need to. Take care and know that you did an amazing job showing Steph your love for her.
Unknown said…
Kevin,
The service for Stephanie was amazing. I keep trying to tell people about it and strangely wish I had it on DVD. The lady who spoke has a gift from God that makes her words so powerful and showed us what a warrior Stephanie was not only in her fight but for Christ as well. One day you need to write a book about your journey together. It would be another powerful tribute and testament of Christ. You truly are an example of Jesus love and strength. I don't know how you are doing it but I admire it. I was the one who went to Agape Force Prep School with Stephanie. I remember spending the night with her and we had so much fun in those days.
I just want you to know that you touched my husband & I and even tho he never met her he has told several people how amazing her service was.
Thankfully we have a loving Christ to lean on and tell all our worries and cares to, and that we can cast them on Him!
God Bless you and Levi, in these next difficult times ahead.
Heidi
I didn't know Stephanie, but saw her at LCA and stumbled on your site throught Grace's site. I don't know what to say but that it was obviously my loss that I didn't know her before she went home. I look forward to eternity when I will get to meet her and enjoy the presence of our great God and King with your beloved wife. Thank you for sharing her with us through your posts.