Justice or Not-So-Much?

I got up and headed to work this morning like any other weekday morning. It was dark outside and traffic was light. As I was turning onto the feeder road from FM407, I witnessed a silver Toyota Rav4 rear-end a white Ford F250 hard enough to do damage but not injure anyone. My first thought was, "Great, these cars are in front of me and there is very little room to get around!" To my pleasant surprise, the F250 turned and appeared to be headed to a safe area to check vehicles and exchange information. "Good call on moving out of the way of traffic!", I thought.

As I rounded the turn and headed down the feeder road about three cars behind the Rav4, I saw the F250 pulled off out of traffic and the guy looking at his bumper. Then I saw the guy in the Rav4 just keep driving! My thought, "That dude better be pulling off up ahead!" I watched...but no such luck for Mr. White Truck. I wasn't too upset since it appeared the F250 had taken no damage and I was far enough back in traffic I could not have gotten the license plate of the Rav4. I then chalked it up as one of those things I can't do anything about and planned to forget it.

A few moments later, on the highway, I came upon the Rav4 in the right lane of traffic. As I approached, I realized he had taken enough damage to warrant a tow truck and a decent insurance claim, if the spare even had insurance! As I pulled up along side of him I could see his front bumper was hanging by a thread, dragging on the cement and wires hanging out everywhere. The guy looked like he was completely oblivious to anything going on. I put down my passenger-side window and honked close to ten times to get his attention, pointed to the trashed front-end of his vehicle indicating there was a problem. He gave me a courteous wave and kept right on going. "Jeez!", I thought, "this clown has a real problem!"

At this point, I just went to work and performed a Google search looking for a website where I could log the accident and be a witness if needed. there is no such site I could find. Where is a good entrepreneur when you need one? Somebody create a site where this is possible! I may need it in the future!!!

Without any luck, I thought I would just post a question here. How would you have handled this situation or would you have just kept to yourself and not jumped through mental hoops to try and help? I am genuinely interested in your thoughts!

Comments